SQL Assistant 13 won't run second query

Tools
N/A

SQL Assistant 13 won't run second query

After installing .NET 3.5 and Mapinfo 10 SQL Assistant 13 will freeze when running a query a second time from the query window. You can open a new window run a query, and then the next query will freeze. It just keeps showing the query is running, but in the back ground the query has completed. Hitting the cancel button does not work. Any one seen this before?
4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: SQL Assistant 13 won't run second query

I am having the same problem. I did not see the problem ­until I ran a particular query that I was debugging (I got an ­untranslatable character error due to a translate of Unicode char to Latin). Then most select ­statements to the same database freeze on the second attempt. ­
I have several copies of the same database, but with ­different data. The same thing happens after I run the one ­problematic query on another one of the databases.

I also have this problem. I have found the same problem on 2 machines. The only way of getting around it is disconnecting and reconnecting to the database between each query? Has anybody found a cure. This is driving me INSANE!
Teradata Employee

Wmunsi20,

What version of SQLA 13.0 are you running?

Thanks,
Darrick
Teradata Employee

I thought I had added a reply back in Feb ... but I guess not.
We did have a couple of situations in which the query would appear to hang in earlier versions of SQLA 13.0, but those were fixed in a couple of efixes.
This description sounds like a problem that was fixed in 13.0.0.6.
If you are not already using the latest efix (13.0.0.11) please try installing that version.
If you still experience the problem please open an incident with the GSC so that we can track the problem.