SQL Assistant 14.0.0.02 not closing once query is done in batch

Tools

SQL Assistant 14.0.0.02 not closing once query is done in batch

My company is upgrading to SQL Assistant version 14.0.0.02.  I have been assigned to test the upgrade.  There are a few batch jobs that call SQLA.exe and exports the data.   Once the export is done SQL Assistant is not closing.  I saw on another post that if you click on the SQL Assistant window will cause this.  The batch files are running on a PC that nobody touches as the jobs are running.  Any idea on how to fix?  This is causing the batch jobs to hand until someone manual closes SA.  Thank you.

6 REPLIES

Re: SQL Assistant 14.0.0.02 not closing once query is done in batch

I am having the same issue in 13.11

A scheduled batch file calls sqla.exe and runs a query that is supposed to export to a .csv file. 

SQL assistant opens and the query runs, but SQL assistant does not close and the rest of the batch file never completes.

Did not have this issue with previous versions of SQL assistant.

Anyone know whay this is happeing?

Found that changing the call to sqla.exe that SQL Assistane does close and the .bat file continue to run.

CD \Program Files (x86)\Teradata\Client\13.11\Teradata SQL Assistant\

start /MAX /WAIT sqla.exe -c ADM -f \Teradata\ExportQueries\wa\FNCM_Info.sql -e \Teradata\DataExport\wa\FNCM_Info.csv

Hello Forum,

I have the same issue in 13.11.0.4 but I already use sqla.exe

Sometimes SQL Assistant closes correctly so that the batch file can continue but sometimes it does not.

I've tried the same batch file on 2 different pc's (with the same windows and SQL Assistant installation).

On one pc the batchfile continues, on the other the SQL Assistant window remains open...

Does anyone have a idea where to look for the cause of this behaviour and the solution ?

The batchfile (test.bat) contains :

C:
Cd "C:\Program Files\Teradata\Client\13.11\Teradata SQL Assistant\"
sqla.exe -c 1teradata -f "\s011\obv6vol1\TD\Test\test1.sql" -e "\s011\obv6vol1\TD\Test\test1.txt"
sqla.exe -c 1teradata -f "\s011\obv6vol1\TD\Test\test2.sql" -e "\s011\obv6vol1\TD\Test\test2.txt"

Both sql-files contain a simple SELECT 1; statement.

After my initial post I've tested the following lines in the batchfile (on both machines) :

start /MAX /WAIT sqla.exe -c 1teradata -f "\s011\obv6vol1\TD\Test\test1.sql" -e "\s011\obv6vol1\TD\Test\test1.txt"
start /MAX /WAIT sqla.exe -c 1teradata -f "\s011\obv6vol1\TD\Test\test2.sql" -e "\s011\obv6vol1\TD\Test\test2.txt"

but then the windows stay open on both pc's. When I put the batchfile back to its original form

sqla.exe -c 1teradata -f "\s011\obv6vol1\TD\Test\test1.sql" -e "\s011\obv6vol1\TD\Test\test1.txt"
sqla.exe -c 1teradata -f "\s011\obv6vol1\TD\Test\test2.sql" -e "\s011\obv6vol1\TD\Test\test2.txt"

the problem remains but now on BOTH pc's !!

N/A

Hi,

I recently upgraded to TD14.  The query runs fine in TD14.  However, when I tried to run the old batch jobs under TD14 it would not pull the query and it hung.  Since I run a lot of batch jobs (about  60 - 100 queries) per week, I need to make this to work.  Otherwise, I will have to run this manually but it will take forever to submit the job.

Below is the .bat file to execute the batch job.

TD12

"C:\Program Files\NCR\Teradata SQL Assistant 12.0\queryman" -c CLR_NC_ODBC\password  -f C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\SQL\WC ACC NOPMT.sql -e \csparam1948320\ebo\WC ACC.txt

TD14

"C:\Program Files\Teradata\Client\14.00\Teradata SQL Assistant\SQLA.exe" -c CLR_NC_ODBC\password  -f C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\SQL\WC ACC NOPMT.sql -e \csparam1948320\ebo\WC ACC.txt

Any help will be appreciated it!

JoeyC

@ Joey : Your batch file looks fine, maybe only "" around the sql and txt paths because of the spaces in the filenames.

My problem regarding the not closing sql assistant windows is back again...

It's a curious problem : It persists for a few weeks, then it is resolved without a clue and after a while it's back again... :-(

Yesterday I saw a few login timeout errors on batch processes (never had those errors before).

I've restarted those processes manually, and now the problem with the not closing sql assistant windows is back again...

It's a nuisance because now we daily have to monitor every scheduled task and close each window manually

to let the batch processes continue with their next steps.

Does anyone have an idea what goes wrong and how to solve it ?? Thanks in advance for any help !

Greetings,

Hans