SQL Assistant Java Edition 13.11 on Vista

Tools
Enthusiast

SQL Assistant Java Edition 13.11 on Vista

SQLA JE 13.11 on Vista does not want to run as a normal user account. It will run under a local admin account, but when run as a normal user it just hangs on the splash screen. Any ideas?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: SQL Assistant Java Edition 13.11 on Vista

@astocks I'm not having trouble running on Vista as a normal user account. I installed on Vista, signed on as a Standard user and the program runs. The first time the splash screen did stay displayed longer than I had expected it to but the program did start.

Are you running 32- or 64-bit Vista? Did you install the corresponding SQLA-Java Edition?

Is there a file in the following location:
%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\.eclipse\com.teradata.sqla.TeradataSQLA.13.11.0.timestamp_morenumbers\configuration
(where timestamp and morenumbers aren't literally that). In particular, is there a file with the suffix ".log" there?
Enthusiast

I think part of the problem is that my %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% points to a network storage location rather than to a local location which is causing it to hang. I'm going to try adjusting the "Start In" parameter on the shortcut.
Enthusiast

Looks like this is definitely the cause of my issues. I know I can force the workspace folder to be created in a custom location, but is there a switch I can use for setup.exe which will allow me to select a custom location rather than the app using the %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% for the .eclipse folder and anything else that it accesses regularly?
Teradata Employee

We're looking into the issues of roaming profiles as the home location.
Enthusiast

Any progress on this one?