SQL Assistant Keyboard Shortcut to switch between Queries

Tools
Enthusiast

SQL Assistant Keyboard Shortcut to switch between Queries

I usually have multiple queries open in SQL Assistant (ie using separate tabs) and I tend to be more keyboard than mouse inclined.

I'm familiar with and use most of the keyboard shortcuts in SQL Assistant, but I'm frustrated because there doesn't seem to be keyboard shortcuts to navigate between queries in separate tabs of the Query window.

The intuitive keystokes are Ctrl-PgUp and Ctrl-PgDn, but these just cause the text in the window to scroll left and right, one character at a time.

Are there undocumented keyboard shortcuts that I just haven't been able to find?

Regards

Peter
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: SQL Assistant Keyboard Shortcut to switch between Queries

There are no shortcits in the current version of SQLA.
However the next version (13.11) will implement support for Section 508 UI requirements. One of these is the ability use the keyboard for all major functionality.

In that version you will be able to switch between tabs of the Query, and Answerset, using Ctrl+PageUp or Ctrl+PageDn.
Note however that these keys will move focus to the next/previous tab itself - not the query in that tab. This allows use of the tab right click menus, and also allows use of the arrow keys to move to later/earlier tabs. You would then need to press Tab [after Ctrl+PageUp etc] to actually move to the next Query.
Enthusiast

Re: SQL Assistant Keyboard Shortcut to switch between Queries

Thanks. Very pleased to read that it's just around the corner.