SQL Assistant Window Menu Bar showing mulitple ghost answersets

Tools
Fan

SQL Assistant Window Menu Bar showing mulitple ghost answersets

When i click on the 'Window' Menu Bar choice () I see more than one sets of Query, History and Answerset windows. When I close SQL Assistant and re-open they are still displayed even though no answersets are open and sometimes more groups are created.

This happened with my previous version of SQL Assistant ( I think version 11). When i got a new computer and all my programs were reloaded for me the problem was fixed, however soon after they started appearing again. No other programmer in my group has this problem and we all use the same computer type and Teradata version.

I have completely uninstalled all parts of Teradata and re-loaded version 12.0.0.10 and it didn't solve the problem. My helpdesk finally was able to fix it by recreating my Windows Profile. This worked yesterday. However, today the 'ghost' windows are already reappearing. I thought it had to do with choosing to have separate databases for my History files, but made sure that was not chosen in this new install.

Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix and then avoid it happening again?
1 REPLY
Fan

Re: SQL Assistant Window Menu Bar showing mulitple ghost answersets

I fixed my problem. There is a file that stores the menu bar settings and evidently it was corrupt. The file name is queryman.atb and may be a hidden file. It's stored in your C:\Documents and Settings\[your userid]\Application Data\NCR.

I just renamed the file to XXXqueryman.atb and re-opened my SQL Assistant. The ghost windows are gone and i have made several changes to my Toolbar and my Option settings and opened and closed the application. The file re-generated itself and seems to be working correctly.