SQL Assistant key not found error

Tools

SQL Assistant key not found error

I am currently using SQL Assistant version 14.10.0.02 installed on a MS Windows 7 client and am receiving the following error dialog:

Key Not Found Parameter Name: key

Unexpected Error. Refer to the following file for details:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Teradata\SQL Assistant\SQLAError.txt

I receive this error when starting SQL Assistant but I also receive it when attempting to connect to a Teradata source as well.  This sounds like a registry problem but I am not sure.

I uninstalled Teradata tools and utilities (TTU) and re-installed them (version 14.10) but this did not resolve the issue.

I would appreciate any help and suggestions.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: SQL Assistant key not found error

I have the same problem...I tried to searched it, but no clue until now...

I also got the similar issue. Got few error messages while initiating the SQL Assistant. But when i click on OK it connected with no issues. Hopfully it would work for you as well even it shows some errors initially.

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?  I've uninstalled SQL Assistant and reinstalled it to no avail.  I suspect the issue is contained to one of the config files.

Teradata Employee

I vaguely remember fixing this a long time ago but without the detail from SQLError.txt I can't remember which efix it was in. 

The latest version should contain the fix however, so download 14.10.0.8 from the Teradata Software Server.

(It is in the TTU 14.10.15 suite released on 9/9/14)

N/A

Hi there,

I'm having the following issue when opening SQL assistant 14.10.0.2:

SQLAError.txt

System.ArgumentException: Key not found

Parameter name: key

at Infragistics.Shared.KeyedSubObjectsCollectionBase.GetItem(String key)

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.DockableControlPanesCollection.get_Item(String key)

at Teradata.SQLA.MainFrm.ShowDbTreeMenu_Click() in V:\cm.client.ttu141.efix\tdcli\qman\sqla\MainFrm.vb:line 1206

at Teradata.SQLA.MainFrm.ToolbarMgr_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e) in V:\cm.client.ttu141.efix\tdcli\qman\sqla\MainFrm.vb:line 832

Can someone help me with this, please?

Thanks,

J

N/A

I'm facing the same error...I have installed the latest version 15.0.0.0

SQLA Version: 15.0.0.0

System.ArgumentException: Key not found: 'DBTree'

at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinDock.DockableControlPanesCollection.get_Item(String key)

at Teradata.SQLA.MainFrm.SetConnectedState(ConnectInfo cn) in v:\cm.client.ttu150\tdcli\qman\sqla\MainFrm.vb:line 1381

at Teradata.SQLA.MainFrm.ConnectMenu_Click(ConnectInfo cn) in v:\cm.client.ttu150\tdcli\qman\sqla\MainFrm.vb:line 1348

at Teradata.SQLA.MainFrm.ToolbarMgr_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e) in v:\cm.client.ttu150\tdcli\qman\sqla\MainFrm.vb:line 918

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue...I have updated to latest version but still facing the same error..

SQLA Version: 15.0.0.0

System.ArgumentException: Key not found: 'DBTree'

at Teradata.SQLA.MainFrm.SetConnectedState(ConnectInfo cn) in v:\cm.client.ttu150\tdcli\qman\sqla\MainFrm.vb:line 1381

at Teradata.SQLA.MainFrm.ConnectMenu_Click(ConnectInfo cn) in v:\cm.client.ttu150\tdcli\qman\sqla\MainFrm.vb:line 1348

at Teradata.SQLA.MainFrm.ToolbarMgr_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e) in v:\cm.client.ttu150\tdcli\qman\sqla\MainFrm.vb:line 918

Teradata Employee

Got a similar error.

I solved deleting the .config files ( DBTree.config or DockMgr.config) under the C:/Users/<user>/AppData/Roaming/Teradata/SQLAssistant.

Before the delete make sure you have closed SQLAssistant instances on your machine.

Hope this help!

Daniele

Great Daniele, 

many thanks, 

you saved me a lot of time. 

Really appreciated. 

Cosimo.

Tags (1)