SQL Assistant "show table" results and other things truncated

Tools
N/A

SQL Assistant "show table" results and other things truncated

I was just updated to a new laptop, Windows 7, and have 13.10.0.03 utilities installed.  ODBC driver is 13.10.0.02.

When I do a "Show table" command, the complete results are not returned.  They get truncated.

Also, I copied 91 SQL statements from another window in to the editor in SQL Assistant, and everything did not paste.  It too was truncated.

Both truncations happen consistently, and at the same spot with each identical statement.  Although, if I do a "show table" on a different table, it does not truncate at the same number of characters or anything consistent in that way.

Any ideas why this is happening?

-Kevin

4 REPLIES
Supporter

Re: SQL Assistant "show table" results and other things truncated

Try to use .net connect?

In other posts it was suggested to use .net.

Fan

There was a bug with ODBC which got fixed in 13.10.0.3 so upgrading that will also fix the issue.

DR 143507 -- Data Truncation when permforming a "show view view_name" and view DDL is very large.

Teradata Employee

The problem with SHOW TABLE has been answered but I'm interested in the other case.

You say you copied the 91 statements from 'another window'.

Is this from another Query window or from some other application?

If it's from another application did you verify that you can paste the entire text into Notepad?

If it is from SQL Assistant to SQL Assistant (or if it pastes correctly into Notepad) could you please send me the exact version of SQLA that you are using and the text that you are trying to copy so that I can try to replicate the problem.

Teradata Employee

Send the above to mike.dempsey@teradata.com