SQL Assistant v6.2.0.02- History database for SQL Server connection?

Tools

SQL Assistant v6.2.0.02- History database for SQL Server connection?

Hi. Due to the size of my history database and the number of connections I have, I decided to switch to using a separate history database for each connection type. I have no issues with SQL Assistant creating the history databases for any of my connections - with the exception of Merrant Tracker SQL Server databases. For some reason - these history databases do not get created as an Access database in my common folders. However - the history is being tracked. Each query I've run appears in the history pane. I'm simply trying to find where it's being stored. I've tried running a scan of all connected drives to my PC for any *.mdb files, but nothing appears that would be a history database for this specific connection. Does anyone else have this issue and/or does anyone have any suggestions as to where this history might be stored?

Thanks,
John
1 REPLY

Re: SQL Assistant v6.2.0.02- History database for SQL Server connection?

Ok - figured it out. In ODBC, a database connection can have just about any name and include symbols such as a colon. Unfortunately, Windows doesn't like the use of a colon in a filename. In my situation, the name of the ODBC Connection was "Tracker: ...", and since the colon fell within the first 8 bytes (the length of the history database name), then windows wouldn't allow the history database to be created. That still doesn't explain where exactly the history was going to and being read from after I switched to usiing multiple history databases, but at least I was able to create a set of history databases by simply adjusting the colon to a dash in the ODBC Connection name field and resaving.