SQL History - importing data from old history into the SQLHISTORY database.

Tools

SQL History - importing data from old history into the SQLHISTORY database.

Hello, I've recently had SQL Assistant 13.0 installed on a new machine and had my data copied including my old history, however when I tried to load the data into the Access DB it looks fine in Access, but SQL Assistant won't show the SQL string - only the rows and run date (I mapped all the fields correctly and checked the field types etc on each table). Any ideas about why this might be?

Thanks

Jayne
2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: SQL History - importing data from old history into the SQLHISTORY database.

Hi, would someone care to answer the above question. We are upgrading users from SQL Assistant 7.2 to TD 13.
The Release notes refer to the following, but there is nothing in the User Guide or 13 release notes that talks about History DB Conversion:
DR 142213 Modify History DB conversion to include Queryman.mdb when using 'separate databases'
We have some users with a lot of query history, and they would be upset if they lost it or couldn't access it. Thanks.
Enthusiast

Re: SQL History - importing data from old history into the SQLHISTORY database.

I ran into the same situation! I Google'd and found an upgrade PDF that mentioned this. I cut and paste below the relateds as below:

===================

The first time you execute SQL Assistant 13.0 it will look for a previous version and perform the following actions:

• Read your user preferences from the registry and create a

UserOptions.config file

• Read all the existing Teradata ODBC Data Sources and write the

information to DataSources.config for use by .Net connections

(This includes all the databases that have been defined to be automatically

added to your Database Explorer Tree)

• Read your History database (queryman.mdb) and create a new

one with additional information added. (SQLHistory.mdb)

====================

The file name containing the info is SQLA13_0528.pdf.

I tried to manually migrate but it was just not working out. Have to have the older version installed with the old history db then install the new version and the history db will be converted automatically.

Thanks,

John