Schema Workbench issue

Tools
Teradata Employee

Schema Workbench issue

I'm facing a problem while connecting on Teradata Workbench that If I try to log on wth any user I get the message "Unable to connect to selected database system".

Some relevant information:

- Both Teradata database and Teradata Workbench are 13.10 version;

- Nothing was changed and all databases and roles of Workbench are there (TBI_REPOSITORY database, TBI_USER, TBI_WORKBENCH and TBI_SERVICE roles);

- Untill last friday we were connecting with no problem;

- Any other Teradata application (i.e. Teradata Administrator, SQL Assistant) are all logging on normally;

- I got this on Event Viewer (seems like my user,password or account is invalid but like I said I can log on any other application with no problem):

System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [28000] [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid.

ERROR [28000] [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver] Not enough information to log on

ERROR [28000] [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid.

ERROR [28000] [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver] Not enough information to log on

em System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)

em System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcConnection connection, OdbcConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle environmentHandle)

em System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen..ctor(OdbcConnection outerConnection, OdbcConnectionString connectionOptions)

em System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)

em System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)

em System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)

em System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)

em System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()

em BIW.DataAccess.Teradata.TDMetadataServices.Connect(OdbcConnectionStringBuilder connInfo)

em BIW.DataAccess.DataSource.ConnectTo(OdbcConnectionStringBuilder connInfo)

em BIW.UserInterface.form_Connection.TryConnect()

em BIW.UserInterface.form_Connection.ConnectEDW(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Thanks.

Does somebody could help?

Ricardo
2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Schema Workbench issue

If the service account password is changed, you can get this problem. In 13.10 there isn't a way to inform Schema Workbench that the service account password has changed, after it has already been set.

One workaround  to change the tbiservice acct info in TSW was to manually delete that row from the TBI_ServiceAccount table by hand.

Teradata Employee

Re: Schema Workbench issue

This has been fixed in 14.0, which will GCA at the end of June.