Studio Express installer can't find java

Tools

Studio Express installer can't find java

I'm installing Studio Express nt-x8664 on Windows 7 (64bit). In a command window, "java -version" returns "java version 1.7.0_25".

At the installer window with the text "Select Java Runtime Environment", I have tried every possible path for the "choose JRE destination folder" prompt, but the installer fails with the message "64bit Java Runtime Environment 1.6 or above is required. Please provide the required JRE path".

The java download page told me I was installing the 64-bit version.

Help, please.

6 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Studio Express installer can't find java

The JRE path should get displayed automatically if the JRE entries are intact in your Windows registry. In general JRE get installed into path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7 and user would need to select this path while installation.

Can you try selecting "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7" folder using Browse button while installation.

Just selected C:\Program Files\Java\jre7 and it worked fine

Thank You Ramesh

i tried selecting C:\Program Files\Java\jre7 , even then its showing please select jre path.

wrong version of teradata. 32 or 64 bit

I have not been able to install for the same reason described above.  Please see the attached image.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Teradata Employee

Susan,

The image you've attached indicates that you're installing the 64-bit version of Studio Express. The path in the "Select Java Runtime Environment" dialog shows a path to the 32-bit version of Java. You need either to have the 64-bit version of Java installed (if you do have it installed, you'll need to use the Browse button and navigate to C:\Program Files\Java\... to select the 64-bit version of Java) or you need to install the 32-bit version of Studio Express.