TDWM gives “No Operating Environment, System Condition pair is mapped to State”

Tools
Enthusiast

TDWM gives “No Operating Environment, System Condition pair is mapped to State”

My question is posted at:

http://teradataquestions.stackexchange.com/questions/19/tdwm-gives-no-operating-environment-system-condition-pair-is-mapped-to-state

To repeat:

I am getting this warning when trying to save a TDWM ruleset with a State I created. I don't think that a system condition/operating environment can be directly mapped to a State. Before this newly added state there were other states and I did not receive any warning in them.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY
Enthusiast

Re: TDWM gives “No Operating Environment, System Condition pair is mapped to State”

oops, found the answer soon after posting this. sorry guys, I also removed the question posted at stackexchange, but couldn't find how to delete here.

For those interested, in TD documentation (Database Administration):
The combination of a SysCon and an OpEnv reference a specific “state” of the system.
Associated with each state are a set of workload management behaviors, such as throttle thresholds, Priority Scheduler weights, and so on. When specific events occur, they can direct a change of SysCon or OpEnv, resulting in a state change and therefore an adjustment of workload management behavior.

Therefore a state created must be involved in the "System Regulation - State Matrix" otherwise it's an idle state and is of no use anywhere in the TDWM.