TMM - 2 distinct map sets for the same Origin/Destination DR

Tools
Enthusiast

TMM - 2 distinct map sets for the same Origin/Destination DR

I want to create a Structure to Structure mapping and a Field level mapping for the same set of DRs.  I know I can create 2 mapsets and apply different filter to them, but essentially, they are still the same mappings with different views.  Is it possible to have 2 distinctly separate map sets for the same set of Origin/Destination DRs?

1 REPLY
Enthusiast

Re: TMM - 2 distinct map sets for the same Origin/Destination DR

In addition to the method you describe (using filter criteria to hide different rows in 2 copies of the map set between the same 2 DRs), there are 2 other methods to do something similar:

1. Still using just the 2 DRs, create 2 map sets and use map set properties > other criteria as an alternative filter method:

In first map set: Right-click in MSW > Map Set Properties > Other Criteria > un-check "Show mappings from Data Element to Data Element", Press OK.

In Second map set: Right-click in MSW > Map Set Properties > Other Criteria > un-check "Show mappings to/from something other than a Data Element", Press OK.

2. Create a copy of one of the DRs and copy the mappings to it..

- File > Export Content > Export almost all project metadata... > Uncheck all but the one DR to be copied > Next > Finish

- File > Import Content > Next > type DR copy name ("<old DR name> (2)" is a good choice), check Relate this DR to an existing DR > Import the exported files.

For each existing DR to which the existing copied DR has mappings, Insert > Map Set > select exisitng DR and new DR and press Ok.

OR don't use import-relate if you do not want to copy mapping, then create the structure level mappings to the new copied DR.