TPT 64bit on Windows 7 sits on FINISH indefinitely

Tools

TPT 64bit on Windows 7 sits on FINISH indefinitely

I have TPT 14.10 64bit installed with PATH pointing to JRE 32bit. When I define a job, it goes until FINISH but does nothing when clicked. I have Run Job Now checked already. Removing the check from there does not do anything either (save). I have to only cancel, when I get a warning that the job is not saved. What am I missing? My machine is Windows 7 (64bit).

Thanks.

Venky

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES

Re: TPT 64bit on Windows 7 sits on FINISH indefinitely

Also tried the other way, load from text file into an empty table. Same result. It sits on Finish. The Run Job Now is checked. I have installed the TPT base and TPT stream, both. Both of them are 64bit.

Teradata Employee

64-bit TPT has not been released yet.

-- SteveF

It's there in 14.10. I saw it on 13.10 too.

I see TPTBase-32bit, TPTStream-32bit and the corresponding TPTBase-64bit, TPTStream-64bit. So my understanding is that they do exist on 64bit. I installed the 64bit. Also on 13.10 for windows, I see the following on clients download from TAYS. Am I missing something?

pstmda00_x8664

Teradata Parallel Transporter Stream Operator

892562644:4098282

2012-07-19

pupdda00_x8664

Teradata Parallel Transporter Update Operator

291712117:3906635

2011-03-18

Teradata Employee

Script-based TPT is only 32-bit (until a bit later this year when we release an update to 14.10 that will contain 64-bit TPT).

The 4 operators you see listed as 64-bit is because we offer 64-bit versions of the 4 main operators (Load, Update, Export, Stream) to work with 64-bit TPTAPI.

-- SteveF

Thakns. Ok, so may be I have installed on 32bit afterall? Anyways, anyone knows why it would not save or launch the job even after several minutes (the job is supposed to launch when Finish is clicked). Is there a log anywhere to look at?

I am refering to the TPT api.

Thanks.

Teradata Employee

Are you really talking about TPTAPI?

Or about the Wizard?

(For TPTAPI, you have to write an application to drive the TPT operators.)

-- SteveF

Sorry, Wizard, not API. I am operating the wizard from windows. Defining a job to export a table into a file. It goes upto the final stage of saving the job and launching it but sits there indefnitely. If the wizard generates any log, it would be helpful to see what's going on.

Thanks!

Teradata Employee

What version of the JRE are you running?

BTW, we would rather you just create a script and run it from the command line. We will be discontinuing the Wizard (not sure when) and we are not fixing any issues (except the highest priority P1 bugs, and this would not qualify).

-- SteveF

I am using JRE 7. Thanks for the update regarding discontinuation of the TPT Wizard.