TPT Loading

Tools
Enthusiast

TPT Loading

Hi,

I'm trying to load data from External delimitted file using TPT. One of my columns in the  delimitted file contains the as '24FEB2015'(DDMONYYYY) format. I need to insert this value into Date column, but which is not possible. Please help me on this.

Thanks,

Vinay.

7 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: TPT Loading

TPT can't do this type of conversion, but the database will implicitly convert if you define the FORMAT of the target column as 'DDMMMYYYY'.

Senior Apprentice

What's your TPT release? 

14.10 supports formatted dates using VARDATE, e.g.

DEFINE SCHEMA ...(
col VARDATE(10) FORMATIN('DDMMMYYYY') FORMATOUT('YYYY-MM-DD')
Enthusiast

Hi Dieter,

I'm using 15.00 version and when I specify this in define schema, I got this error.

TPT10674 Error: Unrecognized MONTH string in data row.

My input file data is like 05JAN2003 and 31DEC2003. Please help me on this.

Thanks,
Vinay.
Teradata Employee

One thing you can try (while I am researching the error you are getting) is to set the "RowErrFileName" attribute in the DataConnector operator. Provide a valid file name in which we can place the bad/error records.

Then when the job is complete, take a look at the file and see if some of the fields have a misspelled month.

That is the only thing I can think of right now (this is what our error message manual says about error TPT10674).

Try with a small subset of your data first.

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Thanks Steve. I tried with the sample data of 10 records having the date value as 05JAN2003, but all these 10 records were sent to Error file.

--Vinay.

Teradata Employee

Thank you for trying.

Can you please send me your data, and your script?

Did the rows end up in the DataConnector operator's Error File?

Or the error table on the DBS?

If the error file, please send that to me as well.

Send to: steven.feinholz@teradata.com

-- SteveF
Teradata Employee

BTW, I just ran some tests using 05JAN2003 (and several other combinations) and TPT completed successfully without issuing the same error.

You say you are running TPT 15.0.

Please provide the exact version (e.g. 15.00.00.00, or 15.00.00.01).

Also please provide the 10 records exactly as you are using in your data file.

-- SteveF