TPT Wizard 15.10.01.02 64-Bit: error occurred while accessing the log

Tools

TPT Wizard 15.10.01.02 64-Bit: error occurred while accessing the log

I have installed TD15.10 and using TPT wizard 15.10 to load a file to teradata table. Everything works fine and the job loads the table correctly except that the error messages popping up saying "ERROR ACCESSING LOG : AN ERROR OCCURRED WHILE ACCESSING THE LOG". I have checked the log and the log file is out there and I have access the log file using tlogview command and it is working fine. I think there is an issue with TPT wizard itself. Our actual teradata db version is 14.10.

6 REPLIES

Re: TPT Wizard 15.10.01.02 64-Bit: error occurred while accessing the log

Also checked the permissions and I do have full control to the Teradata folder on my C drive. 

Teradata Employee

Are you running 32-bit TPT or 64-bit TPT?

If you are defaulting to 64-bit, I do believe we have an issue when running the Wizard because the Wizard is 32-bit and thus may be looking in a different location for the log.

You can access the log outside of the Wizard by using the tlogview command.

-- SteveF

I think it is defaulting to 64-bit. Do I need to uninstall 64bit and install 32-bit tpt? I remember it installed both the versions..It is just that I don't know how to run a 32bit version wizard.

Teradata Employee

There is no 64-bit version of the Wizard.

We have stopped all enhancements and bug fixes to that tool.

We are planning on discontinuing it someday soon.

So, there is only a 32-bit version of the Wizard.

I believe we were trying to fix the Wizard to recognize the bitness of TPT installed and get to the correct location, but that effort was shelved due to other higher priority issues.

-- SteveF

Thank You Steve

The error can be avoided by just editing the config file of the tptwizard.properties.

It's recomdonned to take the backup of the existing tptwizard.properties file.

Edit the path of the LOG_DIRECTORY as below.

LOG_DIRECTORY=C:\Program Files\Teradata\client\15.10\Teradata Parallel Transporter\logs\