TPT error - TPT

Tools

TPT error - TPT

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when launching a TPT job from the command line -

"Teradata Parallel Transporter Version 13.10.00.07

TPT_INFRA: TPT04013: Error: opening temporary job script output file: "No such file or directory" (2).

Job script compilation failed.

Job terminated with status 12."

The user id does have write access to the checkpoint and logs folder as specified in the twbcfg.ini File. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sebastian

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: TPT error - TPT

In TPT13.10, while processing the script we create some temporary files in the current working directory.

Please make sure the user has the proper access rights to that directory.

-- SteveF

The job is being launched from the /home/<user> directory of the <user> itself.  Not sure if the following helps - I had set up a twbcfg.ini file in the /home/<user>   directory and was able to run jobs successfully with the logs and checkpoints being written into subdirectories within the /home/<user> directory . However I noticed that commands like twbstat and tlogview were not working.  So I got rid of the twbcfg.ini file from the /home/<user> directory. 

Teradata Employee

Right now, the only thing I can suggest is for you to install the latest patches for TPT 13.10, which is 13.10.00.17. But you must install the patches for all of the TPT packages.

The issue you are seeing looks to be related to another issue fixed in the patches.

-- SteveF

The ".twbcfg.ini" file in the home directory of the user provides a way for the user to change the checkpoint and logs directory, and they should work just fine if the user has proper permissions setup. 

If you are still having issues, please post the output of "twbstat" and "tlogview".