TPT with FASTLOAD INMOD on z/OS - Error TPT_INFRA: TPT01036

Tools
Enthusiast

TPT with FASTLOAD INMOD on z/OS - Error TPT_INFRA: TPT01036

As my handle suggests I am a mainframer, relatively new to Teradata. I'm trying to help out my Teradata team members setup some mainframe based ETL processes. I've done enough reading to figure out that I should be using TPT (TBUILD) with FastLoad INMOD option, as I need to cleanse the data prior to handing it over to Producer operator. I've wrote a COBOL program that reads the file and performs cleansing, in addition to that I have a JCL that runs TBUILD program which runs the TPT script. I am currently running into couple of issues and would like your suggestions and advice to proceed.

Note: Prior to writing this post I did search through forums but did not find anything useful. I found myself dumb founded when I couldn't even find the error message manual for TPT.

1. Here is the SYSPRINT from the job which shows an error. What could be source of this error?
Teradata Parallel Transporter Version 13.10.00.00
Teradata Parallel Transporter Load Operator Version 13.10.00.00
LOAD_OPERATOR: private log specified: LOAD_LOG
Teradata Parallel Transporter DataConnector Version 13.10.00.00
INMOD_READER Instance 1 directing private log report to 'INMOD_LOG-1'.
LOAD_OPERATOR: connecting sessions
LOAD_OPERATOR: preparing target table
LOAD_OPERATOR: entering Acquisition Phase
TPT_INFRA: TPT01036: Error: Task (TaskID: 4, Task Name: SELECT_2Ý0001¨) terminated due to the receipt of signal number 9

LOAD_OPERATOR: disconnecting sessions
LOAD_OPERATOR: Total processor time used = '0.018885 Second(s)'
LOAD_OPERATOR: Start : Wed Jul 27 14:56:23 2011
LOAD_OPERATOR: End : Wed Jul 27 15:02:31 2011
Job step MAIN_STEP terminated (status 8)
Job KTUMINMD terminated (status 8)

2. The mainframe job that is running the TPT script does not end and stays active, even though SYSPRINT indicates the job was terminated. The job remains in swapped out position, so it does not consume any more CPU.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Riyaz.
Tags (3)
3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: TPT with FASTLOAD INMOD on z/OS - Error TPT_INFRA: TPT01036

The first thing I can respond with (and I am not a mainframer by any stretch of the imagination) is that you should upgrade to the latest and greatest efix patch. I see that you are at the base GCA version. That alone might help the abnormal termination issue.

After that, if there are still issues, I will continue to help where I can, and will possibly have to then hand off your issue to our mainframe expert on the TPT team. If you give me your email address, we may have to continue the discussion outside of the DevX forum (because we might need you to send us the JCL and scripts and output logs).
-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Feinholz,

Appreciate a quick response. I will contact my system admin group to find out what are their plans for the patches, this is something totally out of my control. I will make my case to get the efix patch applied.

My work email address is rmomin@qssinc.com

Once again thank you for your response,
Mainframer.
Teradata Employee

Ok, I spoke to our mainframe expert on the TPT team and he indicated that there are several bug fixes since the GCA version and that coredump may be one of them. He suggests that you (the customer) always upgrade to the latest patch after installing the base GCA version (oftentimes we put out patches to the patch server after the media is cut and way before the media is delivered to the customer).

We can continue this discussion offline. I will email you.
-- SteveF