TPT10508: RDBMS error 3707: expected some thing bet 'UDFCALLNAME' keyword between the 'USING' keyword and the 'DELETE' keyword.

Tools
Enthusiast

TPT10508: RDBMS error 3707: expected some thing bet 'UDFCALLNAME' keyword between the 'USING' keyword and the 'DELETE' keyword.

Hi All,

I am facing with the below TPT error. I am not sure where to correct the code.

**** 18:42:33 TPT10508: RDBMS error 3707: Syntax error, expected something like a name or a Unicode delimited identifier or an 'UDFCALLNAME' keyword between the 'USING' keyword and the 'DELETE' keyword.

Define Job DeleteJob
Description 'DelesData'
(
Define Operator Update_Operator
Description 'TPT Update Operator'
Type Update
Schema *
Attributes
(integer maxsessions = 12
,integer minsessions = 2
,integer maxdecimaldigits = 38
,varchar targettable = 'TableA'
,varchar tdpid = 'tspid'
,varchar username = 'Loonid'
,varchar userpassword = 'password'
,varchar errortable1 = 'TABLEET'
,varchar errortable2 = 'TABLEUV'
,varchar logtable = 'TABLELT'
,varchar worktable = 'TABLEWT'
,varchar workingdatabase = '{LogDB}'
);

APPLY
(
'DELETE FROM TableA WHERE Process_Date <= ''20150101'';'
)
To Operator ( Update_Operator [1] );
);

Please help in resolving issue.  

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: TPT10508: RDBMS error 3707: expected some thing bet 'UDFCALLNAME' keyword between the 'USING' keyword and the 'DELETE' keyword.

You can try adding 

VARCHAR DeleteTask = 'Y'

to your attributes.

Rglass

Enthusiast

Re: TPT10508: RDBMS error 3707: expected some thing bet 'UDFCALLNAME' keyword between the 'USING' keyword and the 'DELETE' keyword.

Thanks Glass it worked for me.. 

One more clarification pls..

In my above code only one errortable is generated even though i declared two errortables(errortable1,errortable2).

Why is it happening. I have a similar TPT along with export operator it is generating two errortables. Could you please help me in understanding this.

Teradata Employee

The DELETE task in the Update operator is an Application Phase operation only.

And thus, only the UV error table is needed.

On a regular import task, 2 error tables are needed (one for the Acquisition Phase and one for the Application phase).

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Thanks Steve