TPT15105: Error 13 in finalizing the table schema definition

Tools

TPT15105: Error 13 in finalizing the table schema definition

Hi,

I am using Teradata Parallel Transporter SQL Selector Operator Version 13.10.00.12.

I have a table with 5 columns , and have created a view on it for TPT by casting all columns as VARCHAR. A schema file gets created but the utlity fails with the error " TPT15105: Error 13 in finalizing the table schema definition"

I have read the posts regarding this error on this forum and checked the data format with the table definition and it seems to be matching. I have pasted below the table , view and schema definition.

Please advise

CREATE MULTISET TABLE TABLE1 ,NO FALLBACK , 

( 

Id VARCHAR(20) CHARACTER SET LATIN CASESPECIFIC TITLE 'Application Identifier', 

User_Id VARCHAR(100) CHARACTER SET LATIN CASESPECIFIC TITLE 'User Identifier' NOT NULL, 

Role_Cd VARCHAR(100) CHARACTER SET LATIN CASESPECIFIC TITLE 'Role Code' NOT NULL, 

Role_Nr INTEGER TITLE 'Role Number', 

Active_Ind CHAR(1) CHARACTER SET LATIN CASESPECIFIC TITLE 'Active Indicator' COMPRESS ('N','Y')) 

PRIMARY INDEX TABLE1 ( User_Id ,Role_Cd ); 

REPLACE VIEW VIEW1

AS LOCK ROW FOR ACCESS 

SELECT

COALESCE(CAST(App_Id AS VARCHAR(20)),'N/A') AS App_Id,

COALESCE(CAST(User_Id AS VARCHAR(100)), 'N/A') AS User_Id,

COALESCE(CAST(role_cd AS VARCHAR(100)),'N/A') AS role_cd,

COALESCE(CAST(role_nr AS VARCHAR(11)), 'N/A') AS role_nr,

COALESCE(CAST(active_ind AS VARCHAR(1)), 'N/A') AS active_ind

FROM TABLE1;

DEFINE SCHEMA TABLE1_SCHEMA

DESCRIPTION 'TABLE1 SCHEMA'

(   App_Id                         VARCHAR(60)

,User_Id                        VARCHAR(300)

,Role_Cd                        VARCHAR(300)

,Role_Nr                        VARCHAR(33)

,Active_Ind                     VARCHAR(2)

);

Thanks,

Komal

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: TPT15105: Error 13 in finalizing the table schema definition

I notice you tripled the size of each column in the schema (probably because you will be using a client session character set of UTF8?), except for the last one (active_ind).

Was this on purpose?

-- SteveF

Thanks for your response.

Yes , we are using character set of UTF8 and for columns which are of CHAR datatype, are mutiplied only 2.

Enthusiast

For all character types, while using UTF-8 character set, you have to triple the size. You have tripled it for the first four columns, and have doubled for the last column.