TTU 14.10 downloaded from TD Dev Exchange corrupts Windows 7!!!!!!

Tools

TTU 14.10 downloaded from TD Dev Exchange corrupts Windows 7!!!!!!

I downloaded TTU 14.10 for Windows from TD Dev Exchange.  After unpacking the zip file, I looked for setup.exe as directed by the web page.  There are multiple versions of that executable in each of the sub-folders for the tools, but no setup.exe in the TTUExpress folder.  However, there are 3 executables, TTU_Base.exe, TTU_DBM.exe, and TTUListProducts.exe.  I guessed and ran TTU_Base.exe.  After starting, it appeared that this was the actual install executable.  I selected all the products and ran the install.  I then ran TTU_DBM.exe, again selecting all products and ran the install.  It appeared that the install completed successfully.

However, the install removed all the entries from my Windows Path environment variable and left a single entry pointing to one of the TD utility folders.  None of my programs would run from any icons either on the task bar or start menu. I was able to open a command prompt and eventually restore the basic Windows search folders to the Path variable.  I was able to start the Windows restore and, fortunately, had a restore point.

In addition, a large number of Windows icons reverted to the generic Windows icon.  The restore did not fix that problem.

Garrett

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES

Re: TTU 14.10 downloaded from TD Dev Exchange corrupts Windows 7!!!!!!

I left out the environment:

Win 7 Pro 64 bit, 16GB memory, 1TB disk, I-73520M @2.90GHz.  More than enough resources to complete the install

I'm facing the same problem!

Could you solve it, Garret?

Thanks

I am having exactly the same problem.  I suspect that it is caused by Teradata Studio.  It seems to occur primarily when I've been using that program.  Although it is very inconsistent.  I cannot force it to happen.  The only fix is to log out of windows then back in.