Teradata Manager internal queries

Tools

Teradata Manager internal queries

Hello

I need to graph and mantain an intranet page showing performance stats of Teradata, think of it as a mini dashboard.

In order to provide a real time update I need to obtain some queries that Teradata Manager internally uses in functions such as Analyze Trends, Table Growth, Heartbeat Queries, etc.

I suppose every time you click on the report you want on Teradata Manager it connects to the DB, executes some query and then retrieve the results, I would like to get the same results directly from SQL Assistant in order to migrate the code for web.

Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Manager internal queries

Teradata Manager uses an interface called PM/API to retrieve performance data. See the PM/API reference manual for more info.
Senior Apprentice

If i want to know about queries submitted by an application i simply switch on Access Logging for that user.

But some of the manager queries can be found in the SQL subfolder, e.g. the *.hst are the resource history macros.
Only for the dashboard it's using PMon API.
Btw, on TD12 you'll be able to access all the PMon info using plain SQL, they created some nice table functions for that.

Dieter

Thank you everyone for your comments, I've also though about query logging also, but I'm still learning to implement/summarize DBQL (tables got already full), so I guess I'll pass on that for now, I'll do as you suggest and look for the files TD Manager uses. BTW we are using TTU 8