Teradata Manager

Tools
Enthusiast

Teradata Manager

Hi All,
I am new to teradata manager and can anyone help me on how to view the status of jobs submitted to a database step wise like which sql in the job is taking unusal time e.t.c and to monitor jobs is a developer profile enough.
Please throw light on this.
2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Manager

Raghav,

You can view the SQL and the related explain steps in 2 ways

(1)Through PMON, click "Session" button. A window appears showing all the users that are currently logged on.Select a user from the List and click on "UserInfo" button .A seperate window pops-up, This window can be used to view the details of the user i.e., logon time,idle time,cpu usage etc etc.,In the same window you have the option to view the SQL run by the user.

(2) Alternatively, go to Monitor->Sessions->All/Active. A window containing the complete sessions information is opened. From the window right click on any ACTIVE session's number. A tab appears on screen. from the tab select the option to view the SQL. The currently running SQL will be displayed in a seperate tabbed window.You can also view the explain of the SQL from same window. The Tab showing explain also gives you the currently running step details.

There are several ways in which you can monitor,identify and report query status and cpu consumed.Generally PMON utility is used extensively to view the resource usage.You can get a graphical representation of resource usage(CPU,storage,I/O etc.,) from Dashboard in Teradata manager.If you explore more, you can learn more options in teradata manager
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Manager

Thankyou very much LEO
i would try out and get back to you