Teradata Parallel Transporter ODBC connection fails

Tools
Enthusiast

Teradata Parallel Transporter ODBC connection fails

I've just started working the Teradata Parallel Transporter utility. I'm attempting to import data from an Oracle datable. However, when I attempt to establish the connection, I get an error message "There was a database access error – check privledges.” I can access the tables in question through SQL*Plus, MS Access and SQL Assistant; so there is not a privledges problem. Any ideas what you might need to tweak in TPT to get the ODBC connection to work?

NM
2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Parallel Transporter ODBC connection fails

I think somebody responded to my personal email (which I can't access at work) rather than here. If I remember the questions they were about the Oracle ODBC driver I've successfully used with SQL Assistant, SQL*Plus and MS Access. I don't know where we got it; it was on my machine when I came to work here. It is the Oracle ODBC driver provided by Oracle. Ours is version 9.02.00.03; SQORA32.DLL, dated 11/1/02.

The ORAODBC.INI file text is:

[Oracle ODBC Driver Common]
Driver Logging=0
RemoveControlChars=NO
LockTimeOut=0
Proxy Access=0
[Oracle ODBC Driver for Rdb]
Transport=2=tcp/ip,1=decnet
Client Logging=0
FetchAhead=YES
NetworkBufferSize=1300

There was mention of "file level permissions"(?) I'm not sure which file permissions would be involved.

Nolan
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Parallel Transporter ODBC connection fails

An update - I was able to create a TPT script using an ODBC connection to DB2. It seems as tho TPT has some problems with my Oracle ODBC driver than SQL Assistant and other tools don't.

Nolan