Teradata SQL Assistant - Database Explorer Window

Tools

Teradata SQL Assistant - Database Explorer Window

I am having problems with Teradata Assistant (verion Teradata.Net 13.0.0.14) The Problem is with Database Explorer window becuse it is fixed length and width and I can´t adjust it as with the  answer and history windows. It seems to be docked, with no way of unpinning. I have tried seemingly everything. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I found a post on StackOverflow with the exact same issue:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14339475/teradata-assistant-database-explorer

8 REPLIES

Re: Teradata SQL Assistant - Database Explorer Window

Here is the screenshot for reference:

http://i.imgur.com/bN7Bii5.jpg

As you can see there is no way to close or unpin the window. Also, when opening SQL Assistant the window is already there, but remains gray until I connect.

http://i.imgur.com/Hfq6oig.jpg

Fan

I am having the same issue. It is new...I was able to adjust size on the database explorer in the past, but have not been able to for several weeks and it is really effecting my productivity. I have tried resetting all defaults on options, but can't seem to find anything that will change it, please help if you can...thanks.

Fan

I am having the same issue with Teradata 13.11.0.06. The database explorer window is completely fixed and can't be unpinned, hidden, or resized. I was able to adjust the size to accommodate longer table names in the past with no issues, now I must scroll left/right constantly. I know at least one other co-worker facing the same problem. This is very frustrating, looking desperately for a fix.  Please advise.

Teradata Employee

It sounds like the config file for the tool window(s) has been corrupted.

Try deleting DBTree.config or DockMgr.config (depending on which version you are using now).

These will be in:

c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Teradata\SQL Assistant

or

C:\Users\<username>\Roaming\AppData\Teradata\SQL Assistant

Fan

I tried deleting DBTree.config and restart the application but that did not seem to work. The DB explorer window is still not able to be resized. Are there any other steps I can try?

Deleting DBTree.config is work for me , thank you.

Teradata Employee

When you deleted the config file did you make sure that no copies of SQL Assistant were running at that time?

(When it closes it will re-create the file)

Teradata Employee

i got the same issue on the SQLAssistant vs. 15.00.0.9 and solved deleting the .config files under the AppData/Roaming/SQLAssistant folder.

Thanks for the info!