I am receiving this error when i am trying to connect to teradata server (VMWARE - Teradata 14 Sles10) throug sql assistant as "10060 WSA E TimedOut: No Response received when attempting to connect to Teradata Server".
I have gone through the forum and tried various options, still not able to resolve this. Your help would be appreciated.
1) Checked for Teradata server is running up or not through pdestatus -a ( PDE state is RUN/STARTED)
2) Tried various network adpater configuraitons such as
NAT, Bridged, Hostonly and Custom ( VM0: AutoBridding) options to see i can connect.
3) I Tried Network configuraiton setup through Ethernet Network card and i have given the static IP details there by getting the info from ifconfig and subnetmask will be the same (255.255.255.0). And Still the issue persists.
PS: Earlier i used to connec through T-sql assistant client ( since i have configured the ipaddress of teradataserver thorugh ifconfig info into odbc and i was using it.)
Recently its stopped connecting. i messed up with Network adapter settings i believe :(
Any solution to restore it back would be highly appreciated as i have installed teradata 14 version on my personal laptop for practice purpose. VM ware player is of 7 version.
Finally i was able to solve t his. I have done the following to resolve this issue.
1) Set the network adapter settings to
NAT: Used to share the host's IP Address:
Network Configuraiton Wizard: Traditional Method with Ifup (Choose Ethernet Network card: IPaddress(DHCP). automatic configuraiton of ipaddress.
Restarted the Teradata server from the terminal : etc/init.d/tpa -start ( and chked the status after that .. pdestat -a) which should be in RUN/STARTED.
2) created a ODBC connection in Sql assistant with the ipaddress from the server ( using ifconfig information).
Done...!!! All set to normal.