Teradata Studio Express 14.01 now available

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Teradata Studio Express 14.01 now available

Teradata Studio Express 14.01 is now available for download. Teradata Studio Express is an information discovery tool for retrieving and displaying data from your Teradata Database systems. It can be run on multiple operating system platforms, such as Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX. It is built on top of the Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP) which allows Teradata Studio Express to benefit from the many high quality Eclipse features available while focusing on value-add for the Teradata Database.

What's New:

• Find Object/Find Next Object

A new Find button has been added to the Data Source Explorer (DSE) toolbar to find a database object in the DSE tree. Find can also be invoked by entering Ctrl+F shortcut key. The Find operation will open a dialog for you to enter the search value and select a database object type. It will start the search relative to the selected object in the DSE. For example, if you have selected a connection profile node, the find operation will search all of the schemas on that Teradata server. If you have selected a specific schema (or database), the Find operation will search only that schema. Upon locating the object, the Find will select the object in the DSE. If the Teradata View is opened and in focus the object will be opened in the Teradata View.

A Find Next option has been added that will find the next object in the DSE tree that matched the previously entered search value and object type. Find Next uses the F3 shortcut key.

• Advanced Find Dialog

An Advanced Find dialog is also provided that allows you to choose more detailed find options and presents the list of all objects that match the search value. The Find dialog contains an Advanced Find button to invoke the Advanced Find dialog. The dialog allows the user to select the specific connection profiles or schemas to search, the type of objects for which to search, and a limit on the number of objects found. The search result list is presented in the Teradata View.

• Teradata View Filter List Option

A Filter option has also been added to the lists that are displayed in the Teradata View for Schemas, Tables, Macros, Stored Procedures, Indexes, User Defined Functions, User Defined Types, and Views. The user can filter the lists by a starting value, ending value, or containing value.

For more information on using Teradata Studio Express, refer to the article, Teradata Studio Express.

27 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio Express 14.01 now available

Francine - having trouble with this version. Studio express opens and immediatly shuts down. Reinstall doesn't work. Suspect the registry entries may be the problem. Can you tell me what are the pertinent entries? Thanks
Teradata Employee

We are not putting entries into the Windows registry. Is there an error message displayed or error log created? The error log is located in the workspace directory, /.metadata/Teradata. Can you verify that you don't have permission issues writing to home directory?
Teradata Employee

This is on a Windows 7 - I have access to c:/, program files etc.

Initially Studio Express 14 was running. Malfunction began after closing it and the reopening. Is there anything else to clean up after the uninstall? I don't see any remaining files in C:\Program Files\Teradata\Client\14.00\Teradata Studio Express nt-x8664

The only thing I see is as shown. Note the error timestamp is july 20. No further logs are created for later run attempts.

2012-07-20 13:11:15,861 Teradata Datatools [Worker-1] INFO com.teradata.datatools.dtp.catalog - DTS0001: Profile [mytd]- Kanji Enabled = false
2012-07-20 13:11:27,904 Teradata Datatools [main] ERROR com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools - Parse Error splitting statement
2012-07-20 13:21:03,982 Teradata Datatools [main] ERROR com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools - Parse Error splitting statement
etc...

Thanks
Teradata Employee

Also remove the workspace directory that is created in the user's home directory, such as c:/Users//workspace.
Teradata Employee

removing all the associated directories after uninstall then reinstall fixed the issue. Thanks!

How do I get the Code Assist Autoactivation to work when I alias a table like the following.

dbname.customer as cm

when i try to cm."ColumnName" the list doesn't come up unless i give the fully qualified name like dbname.customer."ColumnName".
Teradata Employee

The parser does not keep track of names. In some cases, the alias has not been defined when prompted for code assist.
Teradata Employee

Is there a way to create folders/subfolders structure within 'Data Source Explorer' > 'DatabaseConnections' list?
Cheers
-=[VH]=-
Teradata Employee

No, not by the user. The DSE SQL model is an internal model to represent the database objects. The user can create folders/subfolders in the Project Explorer.