Teradata Studio Express 14 Slow

Tools
Enthusiast

Teradata Studio Express 14 Slow

Is there a setting change that you can make to improve the speed of Studio Express?  I have both Atanasuite and Studio Express.  I prefer Studio Express overall, but the main difference is that the queries really seem to hang in Studio Express.  Usually the queries finish really quickly and you see an entry pop up in the "Teradata SQL History" and they finish saying "Statement completed", but the progress bar hangs for several seconds longer before it goes away.  This is the crux of the problem.  If it completes the statement right away then why is there a lag?  For the most part this doesn't bother me, but when you are really trying to run Ad Hoc coding it is a pain to have to keep waiting after something simple as a DROP TABLE.

3 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Studio Express 14 Slow

Anybody?

Teradata Employee

We have a made a significant performance improvement when displaying the result sets in the result set viewer, which I think will address your issue. The improvement is in our 14.02 release, which is targeted for January.

Enthusiast

That is excellent news!  This is the best IDE I have found, but that speed seems to be the biggest issue.  Thank you fgrimmer as you seem to always answer my questions!