Teradata Studio Express 15.00 now available

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Teradata Studio Express 15.00 now available

Teradata Studio Express 15.00 is now available for download. Teradata Studio Express is an information discovery tool for retrieving and displaying data from your Teradata Database systems. It can be run on multiple operating system platforms, such as Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX. It is built on top of the Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP) which allows Teradata Studio Express to benefit from the many high quality Eclipse features available while focusing on value-add for the Teradata Database.

What's New:

• Aster 6.0 Support

Added support for the Aster 6.0 Database and embedded the Aster 6.0 JDBC Driver.

• Aster Smart Loader, Table Load and Export Wizards

Smart Loader, Table Load and Table Export Wizards now support the Aster Database. Users can invoke the load and export wizards from the Data Source Explorer.

• Aster Table Editor

The Studio Express Table Editor has added support for Aster tables. Users can invoke the Table Editor by selecting the table in the Data Source Explorer and choosing the Data>Edit Data option. The Table Editor supports paging and filtering of data for large tables.

• Teradata 15.00 Support

Added support for the Teradata 15.00 Database. This includes support for the 15.00 Teradata grammar in content assist, as well as support for JSON data types. Teradata Studio Express 15.00 has also embedded the Teradata 15.00 JDBC Driver.

• SQL Editor Enhancements

The SQL Editor has been enhanced to provide an Auto-commit toggle, Commit and Rollback toolbar options. This enhancement allows the user to manually manage the "commit" operation on their SQL statements. By default, the Auto-commit option is on. The user can toggle Auto-commit off and manually commit or rollback SQL statements to the database.

Another SQL Editor enhancement is the ability to link a SQL Editor window to a Result Set Viewer window. This allows the user to better manage multiple SQL Editors and Result Set Viewers.

• Disk Cache

Allows large objects, such as CLOBS, BLOBS, JSON, or large text data types to be cached on disk for Export, Load, and Editing.

Need Help?

For more information on using Teradata Studio Express, refer to the article, Teradata Studio Express. To ask questions or discuss issues, refer to the Teradata Studio Forum and post your question.

Online Help can be accessed within the plug-in in two ways:

• From the main menu: Help > Help Contents > Teradata Studio Express
  • Context sensitive help: When a user is in a dialog, they can hit the F1 key to retrieve help text sensitive to where they are within the dialog.
  • Also, the Quick Tour provides a quick overview of Teradata Studio Express features. Go to Help > Welcome.

Reference Documentation can be found on the download page or at: www.info.teradata.com

• Title: Teradata Studio, Studio Express, and Plug-in for Eclipse Release Definition Publication ID: B035-2040-014C
  • Title: Teradata Studio, Studio Express, and Plug-in for Eclipse Installation Guide Publication ID: B035-2037-014K
88 REPLIES

Re: Teradata Studio Express 15.00 now available

Hi

I have just started using Teradata Studio (15) and have a question.

Is there a way to make a connection (to Teradata) point directly to an underlaying database, as it is possible within the old Teradata Administrator?

Thanks

Jorgen

Teradata Employee

Jorgen, You can specify a database to include in the connection URL. This will become your default database.

Hi

I already tried that, but for some reason it is ignored. The TD Studio database entrypoint is still a the toplevel database.

In JDBC Connection Properties I tried to

use the Database Name field

add directly to the connection url (jdbc:teradata://host/database=PROJEKTER), leaving the Database Name field empty

The Test Connection succed, but the result is the same, I guess it is overwritten.

We have a hierarchy of databases. Our TD version is 13.10

The Root Database field in TD administrator (14.10) has not problems with this.

BTW. Is it possible to attach documents to this type of conversation?

Screendumps or parts of it , is a great awy to cummunicate.

Jørgen

Teradata Employee

Jorgen, Setting the default database does not change the Data Source Explorer tree root that is displayed. To change the databases that are displayed, you can add a filter to the Databases folder or change the Data Source Explorer Load options in the Preferences.

I tried to filter.

When I check the "Selection" checkbox in the filter dialog window, it runs forever. Tried this both on XP and Windows 7. Same result.

I can send you the screen dump of the debug information box, that comes up, when I kill the TD Studio process.

Hi, i am new in teradata, i tried to installl teradata express but  there are a problem when i will execute it , the windows is closed and i can´t work in aplication.

Teradata Employee

Jorgen, It can take a long time to get the list of databases and users if the list is large. Try first to change the display to not show hierarchical. Go to Window>Preferences?Teradata Datatools Preferences>Data Source Explorer Load Preferences and uncheck the 'Show Databases and Users in Hierarchical Display'

Teradata Employee

Francisco, Are you trying to install Teradata Express or Teradata Studio Express? These are two different products.

Thanks that helped a lot.

When I cannot have default dabase with hierarchy like in TD Administrator, this is okay.

But I guess it will take some time to get rid of the Administrator :-)