Teradata Studio Express

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Studio Express

Hi Francine, now using Teradata Studio 14.10 and able to implement your suggestion.  Thank You.

Hi Francine,

Is there anyway to use teradata utilities(bteq especially) on a Mac OS to run scripts?  Does teradata studio express support bteq?

Thanks

Teradata Employee

Harish,  Yes. BTEQ on Mac OSX is available as part of the TTU Mac OSX released on the patch server under "MacOSX Suite". Teradata Studio Express does not support BTEQ.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hi Franine,

I've managed to get Teradat Studio Express 14.0.3 and attempted to create a test database but got this message after finishing the wizard...'Creating connections to database has encouted a problem. Could not connect to database.' I click the details button but no further details show up. I believe it may be similar to the issue above about the unknown host error. Is there a web page that explains what to do to fix this?

Teradata Employee

@newb1, If there was an error connecting, the error exception will be in the Details of the pop up dialog (Problem Occurred) and will also be in the Error Log. To open the Error Log view, select the top toolbar Window>Show View>Other...Then select General>Error Log. Click OK. In the Error Log view you should see the line with the message, "Error creating Teradata Database connection...". Double click on the entry to see the full error message.  As for how to fix the connection issue, it depends on what the error is. If it is 'unknown host' than the Database Server name or IP address is possibly not correct.

Hi All,

I am trying to load data from a CSV file into Teradata using the Fast Load from the Teradata Studio Express Version: 14.00.0.201112070827

The content in the CSV file is like:

9,Ernest Jordan,

14,K. MORIBE,

15,D. Jakominich,

408,F. Davidson,"Department of Dairy|University of Illinois , Urbana"

72011,Jose Raniere Ferreira de Santana,""

134431,Mario Testa,"Dipartimento di Fisica dell'Universit`a ""La Sapienza"" e Sezione INFN, Roma, Italy"

231,H. De Hoop,"ESSLLI  '98 Summer school class in Saarbrücken, August 1998, and the Stanford OT-Workshop ""Is"

25,William H. Nailon,

37,P. B. Littlewood,Cavendish Laboratory|Cambridge University

75,M. Till-berg,

I have a simple table of 3 columns:

CREATE  TABLE authordata.Author

(

Id INTEGER NOT NULL,

Name VARCHAR(100),

Affiliation VARCHAR(1000)

)

UNIQUE PRIMARY INDEX(Id);

However with Fast Load I am getting errors like:

Starting FastLoad...

FastLoad Error Occurred: Message = Unexpected Token

FastLoad processed row count: 6

FastLoad Failed 

The problem seems to be with the following records in CSV:

134431,Mario Testa,"Dipartimento di Fisica dell'Universit`a ""La Sapienza"" e Sezione INFN, Roma, Italy"

231,H. De Hoop,"ESSLLI  '98 Summer school class in Saarbrücken, August 1998, and the Stanford OT-Workshop ""Is"

But I am wondering the same CSV file is loaded using the normal LOAD from the Teradata Studio Express and these records are successfully loaded in the Teradata Table.

This is the loaded data in the Teradata table when using the Normal Load:

37,P. B. Littlewood,Cavendish Laboratory|Cambridge University

15,D. Jakominich,null

75,M. Till-berg,null

9,Ernest Jordan,null

72011,Jose Raniere Ferreira de Santana,

25,William H. Nailon,null

14,K. MORIBE,null

408,F. Davidson,"Department of Dairy|University of Illinois , Urbana"

Is there any workaround to make that run using the Fast Load? 

Thanks,

-Nirmal

Teradata Employee

Nirmal, This looks like a bug. We will look to see if there is a workaround.

Teradata Employee

Hi Nirmal,

I was successfully able to load all 10 rows of the file you provided into the table you provided.  I used Fastload, with , (comma) as the column delimiter, " (double quote) as the character string delimiter, and file encoding as ISO-8859-1. 

When I was using the wrong encoding (UTF-8 for example), only some of the rows would get loaded.

Teradata Employee

Hello Francine,

I have a question regarding the JDBC Fastload/FastExport options. Do we have to install the full TTU (for example Teradata Fastload, Teradata FastExport) on the machine/computer before installing Teradata Studio Express for the JDBC Fastload/FastExport options to work? Or is everything included with the Teradata Studio Express installation? How about the JDBC driver?

Thanks,

Steven

Teradata Employee

Steven, You do NOT need to install TTU or Teradata FastLoad/FastExport. The Teradata Studio and Teradata Studio Express Load and Export features use the JDBC FASTLOAD and FASTEXPORT options. And the latest JDBC driver is bundled with Studio and Studio Express.