Teradata Studio

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio

Hi,

I have the latest Teradata Studio but some time unable to get results/rows when executing the query from Teradata Studio while the same query if run from SQL Assistant returns rows/results, Can you help me why it happening?

2nd question, unable to copy column heading in the results to excel, if save teh results as excel fime than it have column name as well, will appreciate any help

Badshah Rehman

Teradata Employee

Badshah Rehman, One possibility on the returning result set is to look at the connection TMODE setting. With SQLA and ODBC, the default is set to TERADATA mode, where Teradata Studio sets the default to ANSI mode (as recommended by the Teradata JDBC driver). You can change the mode on your connection with Teradata Studio and see it that affects the returning result set.

If you Export or Save the result set to Excel, it will include column headers. The column headers are not currently included when copying cells from the result set. A new option (preference) has been added to our next release (14.10) to include column headers in the result set copy cells.

N/A

Hi,

I installed Teradata Studio v14.02 on my desktop(32bit). For some reason I cannot see Customize Perspective and Teradata Administrator under Window. Please help.

Teradata Employee

It sounds like a possible install error? Please make sure you have installed the 32-bit version of Teradata Studio 14.02 and have the 32-bit version of JVM, 1.6 or higher. You can open a topic on the Teradata Studio forum and post your teradata.log file for us to look at.

N/A

Hi,

I have installed Teradata Studio in my 64bit win7 laptop. While create new connection I am getting ping failed error. 

Please help.

Teradata Employee

@sondas, There could be many reasons why the ping failed. The ping tries to get a connection to the database. You could have an incorrect user or password or database server. What is the detail message of the ping failure?

Enthusiast

@fgrimmer Awesome Article..!

you have any user guide for Teradata Studio 14.02.

Can you share if  you have any download link.

Thank you.

Teradata Employee

@Sunnyguy4Tera, We don't have a separate User Guide document. This article and the embedded Quick Start Guide and Help books are the user guide documentation. There is also an article on DevX that describes the Teradata Studio's Smart Loader for Hadoop (http://developer.teradata.com/tools/articles/smart-loader-for-hadoop).

Enthusiast

@fgrimmer Thank you.

Teradata Employee

Is there a minimum spec of PC to get Studio to run effectivly?