Teradata Studio

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Studio

Hi Francine, Thanks for the sugguestion of a EON supported Teradata Database. I tried to setup my database to be a EON supported Teradata database but can't find the command to do so. Can you piont me to the right spot that talk about how to configure a database to be a EON supported database? Thanks. 

Teradata Employee

If the database was initialized at TD14.10 or higher, EON should be enabled by default.

If your database was upgraded from a pre-14.10 release to TD14.10 or later, use the dbscontrol utility to set EnableEON to True.

Enthusiast

Hi Francine, Thanks for the sugguestion of a EON supported Teradata Database. I finally have a time to get back to the issue of unable to display tables/columns that contain non-English characters from Teradata Studio. I checked my database settings in "dbscontrol" with command "di gen". I got the result " 76. EnableEON = TRUE ". It means that my database is a EON supported Teradata Database.

As I said before, I am able to create the table with non-English characters and see it without any issue from BTEQ. It indicates that my database support EON. 

The issue is on client side. There must be something wrong with default settings. I believe I am not the only person encountered this problem. If you know where has the similar discussion, please point me there. Many thanks.

Enthusiast

I finally figured out the problem. The root cause of this issue is the "session charset" of the client that is used for creating the tables/columns with non-English characters. 

In my case, I created the table from BTEQ with default settings. Although my DDL is correct and I was able to see the table name correct from BTEQ, the name in Teradata Studio can never be shown correctly.

After I tried command ".set session charset 'UTF8'" on BTEQ and created the table again, the table displayed on Teradata Studio side is correct.

If I create the table directly from Teradata Studio, this problem won't show up because the Teradata Studio default setting is "TMODE=ANSI" and "CHARSET=UTF8".

Hopefully this can help others.

Need a help for Teradata Studio.

I have installed TTU 16.20 and as a result there is no "Teradata Administrator". I have installed "Teradata Studio 16.20" windows version. Under "Teradata Administrator", I don't see any single administrative feature or tasks, which were there in Teradata Administrator and same listed in this blog as "Teradata Database Only Features -". I don't see filters, my object viewer is empty.

Am I missing anything to enable to get it? I checked preferences and other place. I didn't find anything to turn it on? Or are these features cancelled in 16.20 version?

Teradata Employee

In the Administration perspective, first use the Navigator window to connect to a Teradata system then expand and/or right click to select the objects to be shown in Object List Viewer.

Once you have objects listed, right click an object to choose an administrative task related to that object.

If you have additional questions, please start a new topic. (Follow the "breadcrumb" links above back to the main "Tools" page and click the "Start a Topic" button at the far right near the top of the page.)