Teradata Studio

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Studio

For some reason the Teradata studio installed , has Fastload / Fastexport option disabled. Any reason , why those options are disabled?
Teradata Employee

Make sure you have selected a Teradata table in the Data Source Explorer, then choose the Data Tools top menu option, or right click on the table and choose the Data menu option to see the Teradata FastLoad and Teradata FastExport options.
Tourist

Where can i change the workspace Path.
We have in the C:\user only some KB so i have tho set a other drive/path for the workspace.
Teradata Employee

You can change the workspace path in the shortcut to launch Teradata Studio. Append -data after the TeradataStudio.exe. This is described in the Release Definition pdf file, section "Changing the Workspace Directory Location". The release definition is located n the /doc directory of the Teradata Studio installation.
Teradata Employee

Hello. It's my first time I'm writing here. I have a doubt about Teradata Studio related to Teradata Data Lab:
'Teradata Studio provides data lab users with a smart load (a.k.a self-loading) capability available 4Q 2012.'.

Is this version available now? Thank you.
Teradata Employee

@bs530147, SmartLoad for Teradata Data Lab is provided in Studio 14.02, which is targeted for January 2013. Sorry for the delay.
Enthusiast

Hello,

Could you please tell me the functionality of Master password for secure storage? Why do we need this?

Thanks
Roopalini
Teradata Employee

Master password is used by Eclipse for its secure storage. If you have configured Teradata Meta Data Services support preference in Studio, it uses the Eclipse secure storage to store the password. There is a known problem that may be happening in Studio where the user is repeatedly prompted for the Master password. The problem is that we are missing a jar file in the Studio RCP. We have fixed this problem in our upcoming 14.02 release, targeted for release next month.
Enthusiast

Francine, is there any documentation on how to use the Copy/Compare functionality of Teradata Studio? I'm interested in learning what it can do and how to use it, but I haven't been able to locate any kind of documentation on it, and I'm a little hesitant to start clicking things that could potentially copy objects without understanding it.
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info Francine. I have another issue now. When I try to browse the tables, I frequently get the Null Pointer exception error.
Thanks for the Info Francin. I have another issue now.

Teradata tab at bottom of studio does not change when selecting a new table. Instead a null pointer exception is presented.
<< Message: RE: Teradata Studio - Java Null Pointer Exceptions >>
Could you please give a solution for this?

Thanks
Roopalini