Teradata Studio

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio

If you have the ViewX or ViewsVX preference selected than we will use the X or VX views to obtain the detailed information. From the stack trace above, it refers to DBC.Columns so I will verify we are checking the preference correctly.
Teradata Employee

I am testing with Korean character with charset=ASCII. Those characters are double-byte character with CP949. I can't see the Korean character on "Result set viewer". Can I insert and retrive the Korean character with charset=ASCII ? The most Korean customer store and retrieve with CP949 (MS949) not UNICODE(UTF16) at the moment.
Enthusiast

Thanks Francine....aprreciate your help with this issue.
Enthusiast

I again double checked if the Xviews are enabled and they are enabled. the error occurs when I try double click on a database / table. When I click the + sign , it doesn't appear.
Teradata Employee

@Roopalini, Just to clarify, how are you enabling the XViews? Also, I noticed in the log a socket communication error to the database. Can you disconnect your connection profile and reconnect to Teradata. Also before doing so, delete your error log so we can have a fresh log. thanks.
Enthusiast

The XViews have been enabled from windows - Preferences - Teradata data tool preferences - enabled ViewX , ViewsVX. I disconnected , deleted the connection and the log file and created a new one. Strangely now I don't see that error now. I also don't see the new log also created in the path C:\Users\username\workspace-studio\.metadata\Teradata.
Teradata Employee

@YHKim, The CHARSET setting in the connection determines the way Teradata Studio communicates with the Teradata system. Korean characters can't be translated into ASCII characters so you'll need to specify one of the CHARSET values that Korean characters can be represented (UTF8 or UTF16, for example). If you've specified one of the UTF choices for the CHARSET setting, you should be able to retrieve the Korean characters and display them in the result set viewer.

Your reference to CP949 makes me think you are needing to have Teradata Studio read or write Korean characters to the file system. That code page specifies an encoding of the Korean characters when they're being written to a file. Teradata Studio lets you specify what encoding to use when it reads and writes files.

If you select the "Preferences" item in the "Windows" menu, you can expand the "General" entry in the list of preferences and select the "Workspace" entry. The preference page that is displayed has a section "Text file encoding" that lets you specify the encoding that is used for files. If Cp949 is not specified as the Default encoding, you should be able to select the "Other" field and enter "Cp949" as the encoding. This will direct Teradata Studio to use Cp949 when reading and writing text data to files.
Teradata Employee

Roopalini, Thank you for the additional information. We have found an issue that we are working on to resolve this.
Enthusiast

Thanks a lot for looking into this Francine. Just an additional Info - I have also enabled LOG = DEBUG option from JDBC connection properties.
Enthusiast

Hi Francine - There is another issue I have in TStudio. When I right click on a database and click 'Generate DDL' the DDL Creation puts database creation statement at end of script. Shouldn't the DB creation be at the beginning. When I use the generated script in Erwin, it throws an error saying that the database does not exist. Is that how Generate DDL works in Teradata Studio. Could you please clarify?