Teradata Studio

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio

Roopalini, Yes, we are aware of this issue and have fixed the order in our 14.02 release, targeted for the end of this month.
Enthusiast

Thanks for the update Francine!
Enthusiast

Hi Francine, have a question. Not sure if I am missing to do something. When I make changes to any structure of the table, it does not get reflected in my current session. Everytime I am disconnecting and logging back in to see the change that I made to the table structure.Is there anything that I am missing to do ?? Thanks!!
Enthusiast

Hi Francine - There is another issue as well. When I try to right click on a table and do a load. The result set viewer breaks into 2 tabs. Left side shows the line item history and right side shows the detailed message as to how many records loaded if it succeeded or the error message , if it fails. However , when I carry a second load, the right hand side of the window loses the details of the first load and only shows the table name. I am unable to recall the results of prior loads in this session. Hope I am not confusing.

We have Xviews enabled in our enviornment. Are the two issues by any chance related to 'XVIEWS' being enabled.

Thanks again for looking into the issues and all the inputs provided.
Teradata Employee

@Roopalini, You first question about changes to tables, if you make changes to tables by execute SQL in the SQL Editor, you need to do a manual Refresh of the Tables folder in order to reflect those changes in the Data Source Explorer. If you make changes using our Dialogs, a refresh is automatically performed.

I will look into your second issue.
Teradata Employee

@Roopalini, The Data>Load option is from Eclipse. In our upcoming 14.02 release we are providing a Teradata Load and Extract feature that will load and extract data from Teradata tables, using Teradata FastLoad when appropriate. We are focusing our efforts on this new and improved feature that should be used instead of Eclipse's data load option.
Enthusiast

@fgrimmer

Is the 14.02 release still targeted for the end of January? Any specific date or just by the end of the month?
Enthusiast

Thanks for the update Francine.Much appreciated!! We'll wait for the 14.02 release.
Teradata Employee

The 14.02 release is targeted for January 31.
RSG
N/A

Hello,

I am trying a very simple query on one of the tables:

SELECT * FROM DWH."Locator";

and I do get the following error:

DTS0905: Exception thrown while processing resuts.

java.util.FormatFlagsConversionMismatchException: Conversion = s, Flags = #"

The same problem occurs if I try to show the "Sample Contents" for the data directly from the table. Curiously enough, if I "Edit" the data, it works without a hitch.

This does NOT occur for any other table, so it's perhaps because of the "Locator" name. However, somebody else in the company, who has also TD Studio installed, can execute the query without any problems.

Any ideas?