Teradata Studio

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Studio

@fgrimmer

Thanks!
Enthusiast

Hi Francine - There is another issue that one of the user is facing. When the user tries to execute multiple statements in the Teradata Studio by right clicking and selecting 'Execute as Individual statements'. It just does not create a history entry, however the history entry is created when he right clicks and selects 'Execute as single statement'. The other thing is we tried enabling LOG = DEBUG to capture any logs , when the history entry is not created. Strangely the logs are also not created. Could this be due to some preference (History not getting saved when multiple statements are highlighted and executed as individual statements)? Can you clarify ?

Thanks
Roopalini
Teradata Employee

@Roopalini, Execute as Individual statements will create an entry in the SQL History. What type of statement are you executing? New entries appear at the top of the table. Is a filter set to filter it out? Setting LOG=DEBUG as a JDBC Property will turn debug logging on for the JDBC Driver. If you want to turn on debug logging for Teradata Studio, follow the instructions in the Help. From the top level tool bar, choose Help>Help Content. Open the Teradata Studio help book and go to Troubleshooting. You don't need to add any of the components to the list, just set the Datatools logging level to DEBUG and Console Display Logging Filter to DEBUG. Also open the Console View and set to Teradata Log Console to see the output.
Enthusiast

Thanks for the prompt response Francine!! The statements are simple select with a wrong column name. Could you let me know where the filter is set to filter it out?
I shall have the user enable the debug and check if we are able to nail down the issue
Thanks
Roopalini
Teradata Employee

@RSG, the error you're seeing is a result of some code that works with Java 6 but fails in the way you're seeing with Java 7. The problem occurs when displaying TIME or TIMESTAMP results of a query.

Until the next version of the program is released, about the only way around the problem is running with Java version 6.
Teradata Employee

@Roopalini, a 'select of the wrong column name' would fail and this also would be displayed in the SQl History, even if you had a filter set.
Enthusiast

Is 14.02 still expected to be released today?
Teradata Employee

I am sorry to say that there is a delay in the release of Studio 14.02. Current target is 1st quarter 2013. We are working hard to get it out as soon as possible.
Enthusiast

"fgrimmer
21 hours ago
I am sorry to say that there is a delay in the release of Studio 14.02. Current target is 1st quarter 2013. We are working hard to get it out as soon as possible."

I was looking forward to the updates. Oh well, at least it isn't last quarter or something like that.

Is there any feature in teradata studio that let me generate DDL's for procedure in separate script file so i can version control the DDL of the procedure easily