Teradata Studio

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Studio

@rahul.gadodia, Teradata Studio does have a Generate DDL option. If you right click on the procedure in the Data Source Explorer, choose the Generate DDL menu option. The second to last page of the Generate DDL wizard allows you to open the DDL in a file. You can then save the file for version control.

I have hundred's of procedures. Can i select multiple procedures and then create separate script for individual procedures.so i want to create DDL script for procedures in separate sql script files.It would be very nice feature to have to maintain code control.Quest Toad has same kind of feature.
Teradata Employee

@rahul.gadidia, Currently you can select multiple procedures and choose Generate DDL but it puts them all in one file. We will look into adding an option to create one per file.

Thanks. It will be great feature to help with code development
Teradata Employee

Teradata Studio 14.02 is now available for Download, http://downloads.teradata.com/download/tools/teradata-studio
Teradata Employee

Are there options to enable/disable admin features in this new version (14.02) of Studio? Also, can you limit or remove connection profile types to different databases?
Teradata Employee

Is there a way to define connection profiles from the tool during the setup process? SQLA has a specific location you can put a configuration file to define .net data sources for all user.
Not applicable

I like this product a lot, but is there any way the execution plan of queries can be formatted to make it easier to read similar to SQL Assistant? Right now you can toggle between text and grid, but it's a lot more work to try to read the execution plan when it's not formatted. I have to use SQL assistant when I want to see the execution plan for a query.
Teradata Employee

@em189001, There is not a way to remove database profile types from the list. There isn't really a way to disable the admin features. You can customize the Teradata Administrator Perspective and remove items from the toolbars and menus.

Also, you can import predefined connection profiles using the Import option of the Data Source Explorer toolbar or menu.
Teradata Employee

@gozillasnack, We are working on providing query analysis features for our next release, which includes Explain plan analysis.