Text Qualifiers in Teradata Utilities

Tools

Text Qualifiers in Teradata Utilities

Hello Gurus,

I am pretty new to Teradata. I was wondering whether FastLoad, MLoad or TPT has the ability to handle text qualifiers? Following is an example

I have a csv file where some of the columns are text qualified

1,"abc,pqr",mno

2,"mno","pqr,xyz"

I need to load into a table where there are 3 columns. Can i do it using any of the Loader utilities without manipulating the original file?

Thanks,

Rajesh

6 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Text Qualifiers in Teradata Utilities

I'm afraid up to TTU 13.10 it's not possible. You could try to write an INMOD to address the text qualifiers. However, if this is being loaded via a UNIX environment modifying a copy of the original file would be just as easy to script with AWK or SED.

Otherwise, if the volumes aren't terribly large you could load the data to a staging table with a single column and then use a RECURSIVE query to parse the data into their natural columns and load the data to target.

Teradata Employee

We added the capability to our load/unload tools in 14.0.

We are trying to get the feature back-shipped into TPT 13.10, but that has not yet completed.

We would like customers to use TPT for this feature.

-- SteveF

Thanks robpaller and feinholz. The file is being loaded via a unix environment. So, manipulating the file is one option.

Feinholz - Do you have an estimate regarding when the feature is back-shipped to TPT 13.10. We are on 13.10.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Teradata Employee

No dates are available right now.

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Why not upgrade to TPT 14 to get the benefit of this feature?  This is a supported option by GSC and also decomposes the tasks of upgrading to the next version of the database.  I.e., do TTU 14.0 now, then DBS at a later date.

Enthusiast

hi 

i am usingTD 13.0

and i am creating the procedure and it throws the error 

"your sysytem don't have a c/c++ drivers "

how to reduces the problem any one can help me

ratnam