Transfering data from one server to another

Tools

Transfering data from one server to another

Hi,

Currently, I am trying to transfer data from one data table in TD(teradata) server1, to another TD server 2.

Is there any way that I can directly copy this data from server 1 to server 2? Right now I'm using fast export to write a file to my hard drive, and then load the csv file into the other server 2. Is there a better way to do this? My exporting is taking FOREVER! I would like to speed up the process if possible.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee
Junior Supporter

Re: Transfering data from one server to another

Hi.

We the old people used to use arcmain (1 dump + 1 copy) with named pipes to transfer tables from one system to another.

HTH.

Cheers.

Carlos.

Teradata Employee

Re: Transfering data from one server to another

You need something in the middle unless you implement QueryGrid, but you don't have to convert to/from CSV or write the file to disk.

See the TPT Users Guide for some examples combining the EXPORT operator and LOAD operator (especially the simple ones using templates). The Windows client OleLoad tool can also be used to set up and run such a job. And TD Studio supports copying data from one system to another via JDBC connections.

It can be even better if you run TPT on a server that has good network bandwidth to both TD systems, which is typically not the case for a desktop/laptop.