Utilizing LDAPS (LDAP over SSL) within BTEQ script

Tools
Enthusiast

Utilizing LDAPS (LDAP over SSL) within BTEQ script

Hello! I know I can use LDAP as a logmech within a BTEQ script. I have verified with my DBA that our Teradata install is configured to use LDAPS through the viewpoint. My question is, is there anything more that I need to do within my BTEQ script to utilize LDAPS? Thanks in advnace for the clarification.

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Utilizing LDAPS (LDAP over SSL) within BTEQ script

The following link is to a 2011 article which may contain information that might help you with regard to using BTEQ commands in a script for using LOGON mechanisms...

http://developer.teradata.com/tools/articles/logging-on-teradata-database-sessions-via-bteq

But if you need to know anything specific about actual underlying mechanisms, such as LDAP itself, you will need to pursue information related to Gateway and perhaps CLI.

Highlighted
Teradata Employee

Re: Utilizing LDAPS (LDAP over SSL) within BTEQ script

LDAP for the Viewpoint portal and LDAP for database logon are two different things to set up. But assuming the database is in fact configured to allow LDAP, you specify

.logmech LDAP

in BTEQ and the TD GSS configuration will determine whether LDAP over TLS/SSL (or StartTLS) is preferred / required for that mechanism.