Very large table loading fails with Fastload, what are other possible solutions?

Tools
Enthusiast

Very large table loading fails with Fastload, what are other possible solutions?

Dear Experts, 

I have a lrage table (about 200 Go) that I want to load in Teradata. Unfortunately, I am running on a Windows 32 bits machine and hence I get the following error while trying to load the file with the Fastload utility: "Empty file on read open". Is there any workaround with which I can load the file in one shot? Since the file is very big, splitting it to many chunks and loading each chunk with one piece of fastload script is just impossible... Can the TPT work with such a huge file? If yes, could you please give me a hint about how to write the fastload script using the TPT utility? 

Regards. 

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Very large table loading fails with Fastload, what are other possible solutions?

Hi,

Please install DataConnector 15.00.00.02 or 14.10.00.08 Efixes or later versions to resolve "empty file on read open" error for large files on Windows platform.

Thanks!

Re: Very large table loading fails with Fastload, what are other possible solutions?

Where do you find the download for the DataConnector 15.00.00.02?

Teradata Employee

Here is the link to the patch server:

http://tssprod.teradata.com:8080/TSFS/

Teradata Employee

TPT can actually support having multiple processes read from single, large file and the performance would probably be better than what you can accomplish via FastLoad.

-- SteveF