Warehouse Builder

Tools

Warehouse Builder

I am getting an error when loading a Delimited text file using Warehouse Builder. Has any one encounter this...
*************************************************************************************
Found CheckPoint file: C:\Program Files\NCR\Teradata Warehouse Builder\5.0\check
point\SBffANDALVCP
This is a restart job; it restarts at step MAIN_STEP.
Teradata Warehouse Builder DataConnector Version 05.00.00.000
W_0_o_oms_device_pref: Instance 1 restarting.
W_0_o_oms_device_pref: DataConnector Producer operator Instances: 1
Teradata Warehouse Builder Stream Operator Version 05.00.00.000
W_1_o_oms_device_pref: private log not specified
W_1_o_oms_device_pref: connecting sessions
W_0_o_oms_device_pref: Operator instance 1 processing file 'oms_device_preference_dat.txt'.
W_0_o_oms_device_pref: pmRead failed. EOF encountered before end of record (35)
W_0_o_oms_device_pref: Fatal error reading data.
Operator(dataconop.dll) instance(1): EXECUTE method failed with status = Fatal Error
W_1_o_oms_device_pref: disconnecting sessions
W_0_o_oms_device_pref: Total files processed: 0.
Job step MAIN_STEP terminated (status 12)
Job SBffANDA terminated (status 12)

I have a table and file with 13 columns delimited by '|'.
2 REPLIES

Re: Warehouse Builder

ERROR No.35 EOF encountered before end of record.

EXPLANATION: The end-of-file was reached before the expected end-of-record was reached. I.e., the record read is too short. This problem can be caused while reading text formatted data if a valid EOR field was not found before the end-of-file.

REMEDY: Check the last record in the file and fix the data.

Perhaps you have an unexpected character or value on the record (specifically on the last line).
Teradata Employee

Re: Warehouse Builder

If you have checked your data file and have validated that it is ok, then my suggestion would be to upgrade to one of the supported versions of Teradata Parallel Transporter (TPT).

You are running Teradata Warehouse Builder version 5, which is many years old and not supported anymore, and we have fixed delimited data processing issues in TPT.
-- SteveF