“Warning: RDBMS CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET. RECOVERY IN PROGRESS” running bteq on AIX

Tools
N/A

“Warning: RDBMS CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET. RECOVERY IN PROGRESS” running bteq on AIX

After installing Teradata version 14.0 new on AIX v6.1 test box, I login using “bteq” command and then get the error “Warning: RDBMS CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET. RECOVERY IN PROGRESS” and then just hangs until I can only kick out.  Then receive  "*** Warning: Exiting because of three BREAKs!   *** Exiting BTEQ...      *** RC (return code) = 2".  Note: /etc/services file only lists “tdmst  1025/tcp” and “tpa” does not exist in /etc/init.d file.  Components installed successfully.   Thank you.

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: “Warning: RDBMS CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET. RECOVERY IN PROGRESS” running bteq on AIX

Most often, this is due to a network error of some sort which allows the initial logon handshake (very short messages) to succeed but data transmission (longer messages) fails.

You could enable CLIv2 trace (set COPANOMLOG=filename) and/or use a network trace to try to isolate the problem.

N/A

Re: “Warning: RDBMS CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET. RECOVERY IN PROGRESS” running bteq on AIX

I will try that.  Thank you.

Hi,

How to run this

You could enable CLIv2 trace (set COPANOMLOG=filename