What are the TD components do we need to install on the Linux with Datastage

Tools

What are the TD components do we need to install on the Linux with Datastage

Hi, I am trying to connect to Teradata which is on a windows machine while the Datastage is on the Linux sever. What do I need to install on the linux side apart from the ODBC in order to use the DataStage Teradata Stages
5 REPLIES

Re: What are the TD components do we need to install on the Linux with Datastage

I would also like to know the answer to this one. I'm trying to get a Linux box running with TTU8.1, but running into problems when I try to install BTEQ or mload. Says I'm missing required component 'libpm.so'. I've googled my brains out on this one, but really haven't found much as far as what package that library is part of. Any suggestions?

Re: What are the TD components do we need to install on the Linux with Datastage

FYI for anyone trying to install the tools under Linux. I installed the piom module API, THEN the bteq, etc. seemed to install ok then. Good to go.

So where does one get this piom module API?
Andrew

The piom module is on the TTU 8.1 cd, along with the linux versions of bteq/mload/fastload/etc. you'll need.
KCM
N/A

Dan,

Thanks for the tip on PIOM. So, did you get (TTU 8.1) bteq and or mload all the way to working? I am trying to setup SLES10.1 and my bteq is being a bit weird.

If I don't specify the system name in the .logon I get:

*** CLI error: MTDP: EM_NOHOST(224): name not in HOSTS file or names database.
*** Return code from CLI is: 224

If I specify system/user in my .logon I get a different error:

*** CLI error: MTDP: EM_GSSINITFAIL(235): call to gss_init failed.
*** Return code from CLI is: 235

So, I think the problem I really need to solve is the second one. I'm gonna call in and see if support has any hints.

Keehan