fastload between table to table

Tools
Enthusiast

fastload between table to table

Hi all

i'm looking for a clarification on fastload utility. my doubt is that, is it possible to load an empty table from some other populated table?. if yes could you please give me a sample script.

i tried the following script but its not working. its throwing an error at sql statement. error is "invalid column list". i tried here with different ways to get it done but didn't worked.

logon demotdat/tpch;
drop table err1;
drop table err2;
drop table test;
CREATE TABLE test,
no FALLBACK,
no AFTER journal,
no BEFORE journal
( start_date date NOT NULL,
end_date date NOT NULL,
bus_date date
);
set record text;
define startdate (char(8)), /*just for name sake i gave coz fload expecting this */
enddate (char(8)),
busdate (char(8))
file=c:\input3.txt; /*just for name sake i gave coz fload expecting this */
begin loading tpch.test
errorfiles tpch.err1, tpch.err2
insert into test(:startdate,:enddate,:busdate) sel start_date, end_date, bus_date from test_load;
end loading;
logoff;

i saw so many scripts that loads from flat file to empty table but not between table to table.

Thanks
Dixon

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: fastload between table to table

Hello,

FastLoad is the utility to load data from flat-files/data-files to empty tables. You can move data between two tables using BTEQ script.

Regards,

Adeel
Enthusiast

Hi thanks for your reply.
how about multiload and tpump? that also loads from flat file to a table and not from table to table?
Teradata Employee

They are the Load-Utilities and loading a table is done from external source, normally. :)

If you want to copy one table's data to other table, you can use INSERT SELECT statement.

Regards,

Adeel