sql Connectivity error for Teradata Studio express for MAC

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.

sql Connectivity error for Teradata Studio express for MAC

Hi,

I am getting below error when trying to connect to SQL server using TD studio express for MAC:

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Login failed for user 'abc\nikhil.deshpande2'. ClientConnectionId:51c8c64b-4deb-40c6-a839-b1a9b9bc0093
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDatabaseError(SQLServerException.java:217)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSTokenHandler.onEOF(tdsparser.java:279)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSParser.parse(tdsparser.java:99)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.sendLogon(SQLServerConnection.java:4346)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.logon(SQLServerConnection.java:3160)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.access$100(SQLServerConnection.java:43)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection$LogonCommand.doExecute(SQLServerConnection.java:3123)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSCommand.execute(IOBuffer.java:7505)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.executeCommand(SQLServerConnection.java:2445)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1981)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:1628)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectInternal(SQLServerConnection.java:1459)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:773)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:1168)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.drivers.jdbc.JDBCConnection.createConnection(JDBCConnection.java:328)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.internalCreateConnection(DriverConnectionBase.java:105)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.open(DriverConnectionBase.java:54)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.drivers.jdbc.JDBCConnection.open(JDBCConnection.java:96)
at org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.msft.internal.sqlserver.connection.JDBCSQLServerConnectionFactory.createConnection(JDBCSQLServerConnectionFactory.java:27)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionFactoryProvider.createConnection(ConnectionFactoryProvider.java:83)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionProfile.createConnection(ConnectionProfile.java:359)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.createTestConnection(PingJob.java:76)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.run(PingJob.java:59)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Please let me know what needs to be done. Also let me know if anyone needs more info to resolve this.

Thanks,

Nik

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: sql Connectivity error for Teradata Studio express for MAC

Hi,

Feedback from TD Studio team:

They can connect to SQL Server from Studio Express.  It is one of the “other” databases that are available. It looks like they have provided a Microsoft SQL Server JDBC driver.  Not sure on the error message but sounds like a user authentication issue? One post mentions checking the port? There was a reference to this post: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-IN/library/ms177440.aspx

They should check with their SQL Server support or where they got the JDBC driver from.

Here are the steps I am taking for this0101020203030404

Please let me know if I am missing something here.

-Nik

Teradata Employee

The exception says something about the user "abc\nikhil.deshpande2".

Is this a valid SQL Server user? Try "sa" to see if makes a difference.

How about testing the JDBC connection to SQL Server using the

sample java application "connectURL.java". Try compiling it and

execute using "javac connectURL.java" to compile and "java connectURL"

to run it. My exposure to SQL Server is very limited.

I have noticed you added sqljdbc42.jar in the JAR list, but this jdbc driver is for JRE8.

If you are using JRE7 with Studio, you need to use sqljdbc41.jar.