tbuild - message catalog related environment variable for AIX

Tools

tbuild - message catalog related environment variable for AIX

Hi All,

I have installed TTUV13 in AIX 64 bit version and have TPT. Am trying to invoke tbuild but it throws 2001 / 2991 and other errors but the issue is the Message Catalog error which is not able to translate the error number to error message.

I am trying to amend the NLSPATH to point to the ~/tbuild/msgs/twbmsgs.cat but no joy. Anyone who has a working TPT setup.. could you please let me know of the NLSPATH, PATH and LIBPATH variables please ? (or if there are any other environment variables which would help me out)

Thanks and regards,
Vijay
6 REPLIES

Re: tbuild - message catalog related environment variable for AIX

Solved it.. Got the manuals from teradata site and reread all the setup related things for AIX. Needed to set two more variables as below..

• Change the value for the LANG environment variable to “en_US”
• Change the value for the LC__FASTMSG environment variable to “false”

If the manuals came with the bin files would have been easier. Or I should have gone to the net and searched the manuals and read them first thing. Well, it is a Friday so everything is fine..

Vijay

Good analysis ! Thanks for your update

hi Vijay,

Can I check from where you downloaded TTUV13 in AIX 64 bit ? As I could not see its free version available in Downloads.

Hi shreya singh,

Of course it was not free versions, Please ask your admin who are having access on Tays.teradata.com, Using this you can download all kind stuf along with this!

I installed version 14.00 of TPT on RedHat, configured my Load file and am executing the tbuild script via perl.  Everything works fine when executing the script from the command line.  However when executed from crontab the script is not firing the system call for tbuild.  I put the full path to tbuild and the full path to the load script.  But it doesn't run it for some reason.  Can someone tell me if I am missing some environmental variable, INI, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, etc...  I tried to execute my .profile in the crontab entry but it's still not working.

Actually I found the problem.  As a non root user you must export TWB_ROOT into your .profile.