teradata schema workbench help

Tools
Enthusiast

teradata schema workbench help

Hi,

I am trying to create schema using teradata schema workbench.

I am connecting to repository using my useid, but its not showing database i have to use.

Is there any right i have to give it on that database to user i am connecting to repository?

eg.

user i am connecting to repository :- XYZ

XYZ has tbi_workbench role access which allows it to publish schema.

database containing tables :- DATABASE_SAMPLE

XYZ has R access to DATABASE_SAMPLE.

Please help.

5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: teradata schema workbench help

Are you referring to the Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse tool? If so, the Data Source Explorer tree is populated using metadata from the DBC database. The Teradata Plug-in gathers information from the DBC views to create the objects in the Data Source Explorer.  The DBC views should allow access from all users. The tool is running select statements on the DBC views.

Another possible reason for schemas not to show up in the Data Source Explorer is the CHARSET on the connection profile. For example, if this is a Kanji enabled database system, the CHARSET needs to be set to KANJISJIS_0S.

Enthusiast

No, I am talking about teradata BIO suite which works together to specify the

multidimensional model  ROLAP system, and provides run-time handling of MDX

queries from various BI client applications.

I simple words, what are the criterias under which Teradata Schema Workbench selects databases for user  connecting to repository.

Which rights user needs to have on database to get selected in database list of repository selection.

Teradata Employee

You don't need to have R access to  DATABASE_SAMPLE. Instead, you just need to give Selection Permission of  DATABASE_SAMPLE to TBI_SERVICE.

Teradata Employee

Hello, I have a similar problem with Teradata Schema Workbench, when I select the option 'Repository/Connect to Database System' and I select an ODBC connection the program give me the following error 'Unable to connect to selected Database System' and the program doesn't populate the 'Source Databases'. If I close all window, in the bottom left corner appears 'Connected to Database System: XXXXXX' (Where XXXX is my ODBC Connection). Please, what is the problem?

Teradata Employee

I have 2 Databases:

BIM_REPOSITORY (created by olapuser)

olapdb (created by olapuser). In this Database I have only a Table: planta_adsl (the fact table).

I have 2 users:

olapuser : This user has 3 roles: TBI_USER, TBI_SERVICE and TBI_WORKBENCH and all of them are activated.

This user has access to BIM_REPOSITORY and olapdb:

I have checked it executing ‘select * from bim_repository.bim_schema’ and ‘select * from olapdb.planta_adsl) in SQL Assistant .

serviceaccount: This user has 1 role: TBI_SERVICE (although now I have included the user in the 3 roles in case It was the problem)

This user has accesss to BIM_REPOSITORY and olapdb:

I have checked it executing ‘select * from bim_repository.bim_schema’ and ‘select * from olapdb.planta_adsl) in SQL Assistant . 

The 3 roles (TBI_USER, TBI_WORKBENCH and TBI_SERVICE) have all access to BIM_REPOSITORY and olapdb.

I have checked it via Teradata Administrator.