uninstall_TTU.vbs question, it's bug or feature?

Tools
N/A

uninstall_TTU.vbs question, it's bug or feature?

Hi all,

I do not know if it's a "bug" or a "feature" so I have to ask to more experienced people.

The scenario is the one where you have to automatize the installation of the TTU on a ton of client.

Might be the client (pc) have already a TTU's version istalled or not.

Might be on the pc there is a process using the client or not.

So in order to make a robust script I was doing some test/experiment and I have found one issue using the script uninstall_TTU.vbs.

To show the "problem" :

A)On a machine I install :

-Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata

-Teradata GSS Client nt-i386

-Teradata CLIv2 versione

-ODBC Driver for Teradata

-OLE DB Provider for Teradata

B) on a new DOS Shell window I run a script that open an ODBC connection and execute a query every 1 second

C) on a new DOS Shell window I run a script that open an OLEDB connection and execute a query every 1 second

At this point there are two process using the client (dll)

D) on a new DOS shell window I run "cscript uninstall_TTU.vbs ALL /PRIORTOVERSION:99.00.00.00" and wait the completation

Since there are at least two process using the ODBC & OLEDDB dll's my expectation was that the uninstall_TTU.vbs *fails* or return an exit code to perform a system restart to complete the unistallation.

Why the uninstall_TTU.vbs do not return a specific exit code to force the system restart? It's expected by design?

After the above step D you can istall the same tools/product of step A *but* at different version level.

So on the system you have some process using the same utlity/tool but a different version level, it's safe?

ciao

GIovanni