when replacing view with comments from SQL assistant, comments get truncated on database

Tools
Enthusiast

when replacing view with comments from SQL assistant, comments get truncated on database

Hi ! In some cases,  I am not noticing comments in the view definition stored in data dictionary (DBC.TABLES.REQUESTTEXT column) or thru SHOW VIEW command after I execute REPLACE view statements containing comments in SQL assistant. The comments are truncated/dropped for some reason. As mentioned this behavior is not consistent though. I am using TD SQL Assistant 13.10.0.02 with Teradata .Net provider version 13.1.0.2 to connect to the database. Did any one experience similar issue ?  

1 REPLY
Junior Contributor

Re: when replacing view with comments from SQL assistant, comments get truncated on database

In some cases (in ODBC i think it's based on the "Disable Parsing" setting) all comments are removed by the client tool and/or ODBC, etc. before submitting a query.

What usually worked was submiting the individual statements using F9/Execute parallel.

Dieter